from Cape Town
- Get onto the N1 towards Paarl
- Take the R44 turnoff to Wellington/Klapmuts/Stellenbosch
- Turn right at the stop sign
and drive underneath the N1
- You will come to a 4 way stop
- go through the 4 way stop and over a railway bridge.
- Turn left into the R45 –
- Follow the road past a few
wine farms - Anura Vineyards, Glen Carlou, Backsberg, Fredricksburg
- You will go over a railway
line and come to a stop street. Take a right-Franschhoek
is signposted 18 km
- The road will take you over
the Berg River and into the Franschhoek Main Road.
Directions from Franschhoek
- From the
main road, driving towards the Franschhoek Monument (it’s
the big gray structure at the end of the village) turn right
at the T-junction.
for +-2kms. On your right there is a big plot of land. Opposite
the plot is a brown tar road going up to the left signposted
L’Avenir/Clementine Cottage/Green Valley Road. Turn
left and go up the road-after +- 150m it turns to the right.
- Once it
has veered to the right take a left up the gravel road –
signposted L'Avenir/Clementine Cottage, passed a big house
on your left with black iron gates and orchards
on your right.
- Go over
the white bridge and to the shed.
the shed on your left and go up the gravel road to the turn
off to Clementine Cottage.
your expected time of arrival
and should you get lost or are running late
please contact Malcolm on 0823202179